Competitive (GTHL) & Select (NYHL)Team Rules
The following rules must be administered by the Head Coach of each team They are ultimately resposible for the actions of their Coaching Staff, Players, Parents and any other on-ice instructors. If it is not determinable as to who committed the infraction, the Head Coach will be deemed responsible.
- Select team Exhibition games or Tournaments must be approved by the Vice-President in charge of the Select Program as well as the GTHL or NYHL whomever the team is affiliated with.
- Select Teams are able to participate in four exhibition games per calendar month (October through April).
- All permission forms must be forwarded in a timely manner in order to be approved by the affiliated organization in the time frame they have set out to follow. Game sheets must be turned in promptly after the event to submit to affiliated organization.
- Exhibition games host by the Select teams must have two certified referees and a game sheet filled out and turned upon the completion of the game.
- Select teams will be coached by team officials approved by the Directors of the SHA Hockey Club. These team officials will be responsible for the day to day operations of their teams and keep an account of all money turned in and spent by the team.
- The Select Program shall be financially responsible to operate as a self-sufficient program within the SHA Hockey Club therefore not to be a financial burden on the House League Program, or the Competitive Program.
- Mechanics as to the cost of the Select team tryouts and yearly cost will be worked out by the Coaching staff and the Vice-President in charge of the Select program.
- Any fund raising by individual teams, House League or Select must first have the approval of the Directors of the SHA Hockey Club.
- In the event of a conflict between a players House League game and a Select program activity the House League game shall take precedent. The exceptions would be were as the Select team has received permission for a Tournament and the House League amended to accommodate the change. The same applies to conflicts between Select and Competitive Teams regarding "call up" players.
- Select teams will only be permitted through the direct approval of the Vice-President in charge of Selects, and the remaining Directors of the SHA Hockey Club.
- All team pictures must be taken by the League photographer who will be made available to select teams. If a Team choses to use another source it can be approved by the General Manager of the Competitive or the Vice-resident in charge of Selects. The Team will still be charged the cost of the League Photographer should this option be chosen.
- Any team wishing to use the League logos or name in any way and on any apparel, promotional item or marketing material must have prior approval from the President. Any items purchased must also be purchased through the league's authorized distributors. All items must be purchased in the Leagues current colour scheme. Failure to comply will result in a $500.00 fine to the offending Team for the first offence, The second offence will result in a $500,00 fine and an in-person meeting between the Head Coach and the representatives of the Board of Firectors with the possible removal from the program.
- ALL on ice participants MUST wear a CSA approved helmet, this includes ANY personnel including registered Skating or Goalie instructors. Compliance is mandatory with the offending personnel being removed from the Program. Should it be a registered Skating or Goalie Instructor the Head Coach of the Team will meet with the Board of Directors with the possible removal from the Program.
- ANY guest Skating or Goalie Instructors MUST first get approval from the President of the Club and produce valid insurance coverage.
These in house rules are subject to change from time to time, by the rules committee and will be reviewed at the Annual General Meeting that is held on a posted date in early June.